We’re pleased to announce Author Brandon Guindon’s “Disciple-Making Culture Video Course”! This video course of sixteen short videos—10–15 minutes each—features Brandon and his roundtable of disciple-making leaders: Bob Reed, Derrick McNeil, Sherri Miles, and David Garison.
Register for this digital video course here, and start streaming on the release date!
Release date: Registration is open now with a release date of August 11th, 2020.
Hosted by Chad Harrington, publisher at HIM Publications, this short course walks participants chapter by chapter through Brandon’s book Disciple-Making Culture.
Church leaders want to create a disciple-making culture in their churches, but doing so is difficult. With all the challenges, road blocks, and difficulties of creating a culture of disciple-making, it helps to receive guidance from those have gone before you.
Receive guidance on your journey by taking this short course.
Allow this round table discussion from church leaders to guide you through the content of Disciple-Making Culture and work it out for your context. As you watch four leaders from different contexts discuss with the author, emphasize aspects of his book, and add additional content, grow your leadership as a disciple-making culture creator.
The content of this course is not included in the book, so it’s all supplemental material.
What This Video Course Offers
Each session comes with:
- Key takeaways
- Questions to consider and discuss
- Actions to implement
- Quotes to remember
- And space for notes
When you purchase this course, you get:
- Exclusive video content from the author
- Time-tested guidance from the panel of four leaders who are actively making disciples
- Access to all the videos for an entire year
- Free bonus worksheets for each session
- The downloads that accompany the book—all in one place
Digital Access Options
- Individual access
- Access for up to three
- Access for up to twelve
*For bulk access for more than twelve, please contact us here.
About Brandon Guindon and the Panelists
Course leader, Brandon Guindon, is author of Disciple-Making Culture and the lead pastor at Real Life Ministries Texas. He has a Master of Arts degree in church leadership and New Testament theology from Hope International University. He was ordained at Real Life Ministries in Post Falls, Idaho, and he is coauthor of Real-Life Discipleship Training Manualand chairman of the Relational Discipleship Network Board of Directors.
Bob Reed, Senior Pastor, Cylife Church
- Has known Brandon Guindon since around 2010.
- First met Brandon at a DiscipleShift1 conference in Post Falls, Idaho, where Brandon was his facilitator.
- Had the opportunity to do a lot of trainings with Brandon, and when Brandon planted Real Life Texas, he served on the temporary board for the church launch.
- Bob is passionate about disciple-making because he saw the impact of disciple-making on his family, wife, and kids. Seeing them live out disciple-making gave him a deep conviction and passion for making disciples the way Jesus modeled.
Derrick McNeil, Small Groups Pastor, Cylife Church
- Has known Brandon Guindon since around 2013.
- First met Brandon as a staff member at the church Derrick was attending.
- Derrick is passionate about disciple-making because he’s enamored with the idea that God has chosen him to be on his team and help other people gain the understanding of what it means to be in relationship with God and others.
Sherri Miles, Training and Development Leader, Real Life Ministries
- Has known Brandon Guindon since the early 2000s.
- Sherri and Brandon were on staff at Real Life Ministries, in Post Falls, Idaho, together.
- Sherri is passionate about disciple-making because she didn’t grow up in Christian home. Learning both who Jesus is and what being a disciple means now fuels her because she knows that lives are going to be changed through making disciples.
David Garison, Senior Pastor, Northside Christian Church
- Has known Brandon Guindon since around 2016.
- First met through a small groups pastor they both knew.
- Brandon mentored and discipled David and his church’s leadership team through a disciple-making culture shift.
- David is passionate about disciple-making because he was never quite discipled himself and never intentionally discipled anyone else. When discipleship came to define his life, he could not—and cannot—get enough of it.
Chad Harrington (Host), Publisher, HIM Publications
- He has known Brandon Guindon since 2010, when he interned at Real Life Ministries (Idaho).
- He is a volunteer preacher, teacher, and disciple-maker at Harpeth Christian Church, Franklin, Tennessee.
- Chad published Disciple-Making Culture (in partnership with Discipleship.org) as a discipleship resource to serve the HIM Publications vision, of the beatification of the church through discipleship resources.
How to Access the Course
When you purchase Disciple-Making Culture Video Course, which is exclusively available through HIM Publications, you gain access to the course material through membership to our site.
Steps to Access the Videos:
Step 1: Purchase the video course here and set up your account.
Step 2: Log in to your account.
Step 3: From the account page, click on “Courses” and select “Disciple-Making Culture Video Course”
All your videos and supplemental material are available through that portal.
Frequently Asked Questions About HIM Courses
How can my team gain access to watch the course together?
Leadership teams can all access the videos by purchasing a group package! Simply select the “Access for up to 12” option on the product page here to gain access for your whole team.
Once you purchase the videos, you will be given instructions for your team to access those videos. Each team member will be able to log in and access the videos individually and download the supplemental material for themselves.
What does this course uniquely offer that’s not included in the book?
This short video course offers unique content that supplements and goes alongside the book. Its content is not included in the book but goes beyond the book. The author and panelists discuss the subject matter of each chapter, but the discussion takes each chapter further and adds value to the book content.
How long does it take to go through the material?
With over 3 hours of video material, you can work through the course content at your own pace in as sort as the 3 hours (which we don’t recommend!) or as long as 16 sessions over a period of months!
We recommend that you take the time you need to process the content and utilize the accompanying worksheets. So we suggest a weekly rhythm to process with your team for eight to sixteen weeks to cover the introduction, fourteen chapters, and conclusion. But if you want the fast-track, you can cluster the chapters together and make it as short as a four-week study for your group.
How does this video series work with the book content?
The video content of this course correlates with the book content by going chapter by chapter through the material. Each video features only one chapter so you can easily follow along!
What is the structure of the videos?
Each video follows a similar format:
- Brandon Guindon asks the featured panelist for that segment a specific question, and the panelist responds to his question.
- The panelist selects a quote from the book and comments on it.
- Then, the panelist asks Brandon a question about that quote.
- For most videos, each panelist finishes by giving an action point for participants to act on.
- Course participants can utilize the course curriculum, which builds off of the round-table discussions to ask additional questions for you and your group to discuss.
How did Brandon select the panelists?
The panelists were all selected because of their disciple-making experience and their relationship to Brandon. Each is a friend of Brandon’s and has either worked with him or been consulted by him.
Why was this filmed online through video conferencing and not in-person?
This video course was filmed in video-conferencing format and not in-person because of limitations presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Can we connect directly with the author to speak at our church?
Please direct all inquiries about requesting the author to speak through our media queries page here.
We will respond with the author’s availability, but we do not guarantee his ability to speak at your event.
Do you have any other material to go with this course?
This video course should be accompanied by the book Disciple-Making Culture.
Author Brandon Guindon has also written a book called Stay the Course, which you can purchase here, which supplements Disciple-Making Culture.
Is this your only course at HIM Publications?
We’re happy to announce that we have two courses on offer! They are:
- Anchors for the Soul Video Course with John Mark Hicks (which accompanies Anchors for the Soul)
- Disciple-Making Culture Video Course with Brandon Guindon (which accompanies Disciple-Making Culture)
Disciple-Making Culture Video Course Chapter by Chapter Details
Chapter 1: Discover It
In this video, the panelists discuss what is involved in establishing disciple-making culture for churches, focusing on the importance of relationship. Author Brandon Guindon discusses how many have shifted away from intentional disciple-making and offers guidance on what we can do about it.
- Learn how to view Scripture through the lens of relationship, not rules.
- Focus on the goal of making disciples who make disciples.
- Understand the importance of pursuing relationships.
- Be inspired to live in such a way that you are characterized by love.
- Get excited about following after Jesus’ heart and model for disciple-making.
Chapter 2: Focus It
In this video, the panelists look at the next steps in creating a culture of disciple-making. They highlight one of the greatest challenges in shifting culture, and author Brandon Guindon emphasizes the importance of defining our relationships based on the characteristic of love.
- Learn how to make disciples by training people to love God and love others.
- Find the importance of living out the culture relationally.
- See how to reflect what Jesus taught and what he modeled.
- Gain a sense of what it means to keep biblical love at the forefront of your actions.
Chapter 3: Frame It
In this video, the panelists talk about why it’s so vital to have a common language among a disciple-making culture. They also discuss the impact that a common language has on volunteers in the church.
- Learn the importance of creating a common language among church leaders and volunteers.
- See the impact of creating common language in your church.
- Understand how to work together as a team to create common language.
- Identify what it means to have “ownership” of the culture.
Chapter 4: Adhere to It
In this video, Derrick McNeil and Brandon Guindon talk about what it means to truly adhere to disciple-making culture. And they discuss creating a culture of love through intentional relationships.
- Gain examples of what it looks like to live out disciple-making culture.
- Learn the importance of abiding both in Christ and in relationship with other believers.
- See where culture starts.
Chapter 5: Live It
In this video, the panelists take a look at why it’s so vital for leaders to live out disciple-making culture for themselves. And they discuss Jesus’ calling for all of us to make disciples, no matter what.
- Understand that we are all called to make disciples.
- Learn from the challenges and experiences of others.
- See how important it is to live out culture in your own life as a matter of first importance.
- Be encouraged to live out Jesus’ calling for your life.
Chapter 6: Communicate It
In this video, David Garison shares his experiences of communicating disciple-making culture. And Brandon Guindon discusses the temptation to creep away from teaching disciple-making culture.
- Gain advice for consistently communicating disciple-making culture to your leaders.
- Learn from the experiences of others in overcoming the temptation to move away from teaching disciple-making.
- Receive encouragement about your role as a leader.
Chapter 7: Prune It
In this video, Bob Reed talks about his experience with pruning things in the church. And Brandon Guindon shares how to measure whether or not your church is accomplishing the mission of making disciples.
- Learn a few ways to assess the fruit of your church’s disciple-making methods.
- See how pruning can be turned into a positive experience of connection and affirmation.
- Be encouraged to be honest with yourself about the fruit of your organization’s ministries.
- Know that pruning requires personal sacrifice.
- See the importance of spending more intentional time asking questions, intently listening, and keenly observing what is being done.
Chapter 8: Create It
In this video, Derrick McNeil and Brandon Guindon consider the value of creating guidelines that aren’t just rules. They talk about the importance of giving the “why” behind guidelines as part of the relational foundation.
- Learn why establishing and maintaining a solid foundation for culture is important.
- Get a glimpse into why guidelines in culture make a big difference.
- Understand the value in explaining the “why” and the heart behind cultural guidelines.
- Remember that guidelines need to be centered around God.
Chapter 9: Fight for It
In this video, Derrick McNeil shares his thoughts on what it means to engage in the culture of love and fight for relationships. Brandon Guindon offers advice for conflict resolution.
- Learn what keeps people from fighting for relationships.
- See how to handle conflict in a biblical way.
- Understand how discipline can be necessary in order to operate in a healthier way.
Chapter 10: Model It
In this video, Sherri Miles shares her story of what it means to live out and model relational discipleship in the midst of challenges. And Brandon Guindon encourages leaders who feel they have failed in the past with regard to disciple-making.
- Learn that modeling relational discipleship is a choice.
- Understand that leaders may have discipled others more than they think they have.
- Be reminded of the spiritual element to this: the devil does not want leaders to live this out.
Chapter 11: Train It
In this video, Sherri Miles talks about creating places to play within a disciple-making culture. And Brandon Guindon offers advice on how to create a space for people to be raised up into disciple-makers.
- Learn why creating a “place to play” is so important for creating a disciple-making culture.
- See how Jesus created places to play.
- Understand that giving people places to play offers them opportunities to grow as disciples of Jesus.
- See how to begin raising up others into disciple-making.
Chapter 12: Multiply It
In this video, David Garison talks about one of the roadblocks to reproducing disciples. And Brandon Guindon shares about what it takes to maintain disciple-making culture and keep your church culture from drifting.
- Learn what holds people back from reproducing disciples.
- Understand the value of celebration.
- See how you can keep your disciple-making culture from drifting.
Chapter 13: Budget for It
In this video, Bob Reed talks about aligning your budget with your mission. And Brandon Guindon talks about how to evaluate your spending and addresses the fact that making sacrifices in your budgeting is necessary when shifting toward a disciple-making culture.
- Understand the impact of budget on disciple-making culture.
- See what it looks like to emphasize disciple-making.
- Learn how to measure and evaluate the money you are spending.
Chapter 14: Align It
In this video, Sherri Miles shares advice for aligning people around disciple-making culture. And Brandon Guindon talks about leaders who have different opinions about the workings of the Holy Spirit.
- Understand the importance of being culturally aligned.
- See that listening well and understanding where people come from works toward unity.
- Learn how to align people around disciple-making culture.
- Find that it’s a choice to take responsibility, make a difference, and lead culture.
Subscribe to the HIM Publications blog here to get blogs like these delivered to your inbox.